You must catch the troubling foxes, those sly little foxes that hinder our relationship. For they raid our budding vineyard of love to ruin what I’ve planted within you. Will you catch them and remove them for me? We will do it together. Song of Songs 2:16 TPT
Just another verse that proves how God loves to do life with us. He knew there would be little troubling things that would try to creep in and hinder our relationship. They raid the vineyard of love to ruin what I’ve planted in you.
What is hindering your togetherness? Personally, I get easily distracted. My mind goes at a rate of speed that I can’t even keep up with at times. I know I’m not alone in this so let me share this with you, I have taught myself how to ‘be still’ in Gods presence. It was not easy and it took time and discipline. It continues to prove difficult. If it were easy, everyone would do it.
How did I do it?
- I made a decision to do it. I knew it would cost me sleep, so I started going to bed early so that when I woke up, I would be alert.
- I kept a clock in the room so I wouldn’t be late in getting ready for work
- The only thing I took was my bible, my journal and my pen.
- I would read, sit and think about what I read and ask questions.
- I wrote down my verse and questions and as the answer came or the Lord began to speak to me, I wrote what I heard.
Why did I do it?
- I wanted Him to know that I value my time with Him as much as He values my time with Him.
- I wasn’t satisfied with what I got from a man or woman on Sunday morning. I knew God longed for relationship with me and I wanted to know who lived in me.
- I understood that Christ in me is my hope of glory. That word glory means power and I was tired of being a powerless Christian when He said I would do greater works then He did.
- Psalm 27:8 TPT says why for me: Lord, when you said to me, “Seek my face,” my inner being responded, “I’m seeking your face with all my heart.”
- I want to know His Word in such a way that no one push me off that rock or steal the Word from my heart.
The promise that we will do it together is the most beautiful promise made. I don’t want to do life alone, and with God, I’m never alone. He won’t leave me or forsake me. His heart is so toward me that when I call on Him He answers me. I’ve never come out of His presence where He hasn’t changed something in my life. He said He would show me things I don’t know and He never disappoints.
You too can experience life together with God. He longs for you. Read the verse again, He wants nothing to hinder your relationship that you will do together with Him. Make the decision to know Him, to seek Him with all your heart.
It’s going to be a great journey together!